Posts by category
- Category: Auto
- Category: Community
- Category: Construction
- Category: COVID-19
- Category: Employee Benefit Plans
- Category: Manufacturing
- Category: Nonprofit
- Category: Pension
- Category: Press
- Category: Real Estate
- Category: Tax
- Category: TBC News
- 6 Things You Can Accomplish with an Estate Plan
- TBC Announces New Shareholders
- New Client Portal
- Could Your Business Benefit from a Cost Segregation Study?
- IRS to Delay Tax Filing Deadline
- Employee Retention Credit
- Best Practices for Virtual Inventory Counts
- Tax Considerations for 2021 Filing Season: Focus on Real Estate
- Address Correction on Paper Filed Form 1096
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- IRS Pays Interest on Refunds
- Notice: IRS Advice on Uncashed Checks and Notices to Pay
- IRS expands returns eligible for extension to July 15, 2020
- Extension of Tax Deadlines
- Lombardi and Commisso Named Shareholders
- Scisci Named Managing Partner
- TBC and FAZ Forensics Announce Alliance to Expand Services in the Capital Region
- Anechiarico Named Marketing Manager
- In Tribute to Ronald L. Teal
- Seven consecutive years of TBC being named a Top Workplace by the Times Union
- Blessing named firm administator
- Watroba joins the expanding workforce
- TBC Women’s Initiative Partners with YWCA of the Greater Capital Region and Area Businesses
- 2018 marks the third straight year of staying on top for TBC
- Bob Drislane featured on ABR’s Table of Experts
- In case you missed it
- TBC Continues to Grow
- Karen Foster to lead Retirement Plan Services
- TBC’s Fall Fun
- On and off air, TBC stands by the Food Pantries of the Capital District
- Gretchen Guenther-Collins rejoins Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. Announces Additional Promotions
- Michael D. Cesternino and Ryan McEvoy are TBC’s two newest Partners
- Senior Pension Specialist added to meet Firm’s growth
- Latest Top Workplace Award makes it six straight for TBC
- TBC Ranked As A Top Mid-Atlantic CPA Firm by Accounting Today
- Partner Sarah Robinson is named to Forty Under 40 List
- TBC’s Half Way to Tax Day Celebrations
- TBC Named #1 CPA Firm in the Capital Region
- Timothy Spadaro Earns ABV Credential
- TBC Hires Two Recent Grads
- TBC Team Grows Larger Yet Again
- TBC named one of area’s Best Places to Work by Albany Business Review
- In Case You Missed It
- TBC Manager is selected for 2016 Emerging Leaders Program
- New Marketing Assistant announced at Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- TBC announces staff promotions
- New partners announced at Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- TBC Hires USMC Veteran For Summer Internship
- A Reflection on 45 Years
- Two TBC Accountants Earn CPA License
- Ryan Smith Named To Shareholder Group
- TBC Named a Top Workplace for Fifth Consecutive Year
- TBC Hires Two New CPAs
- TBC named #1 CPA Firm in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review
- Timothy Spadaro Receives Chartered Financial Analyst Credential
- Gail Watson: Winner of Resourceful Women Award
- TBC Announces Staff Promotions
- TBC Announces Two New Hires
- TBC Names Kelly Fedden Partner
- TBC Valuation Team Adds Tim Spadaro
- Pamela Wickes To Oversee More Services at TBC
- TBC Awarded “Top Workplace” by Times Union
- Floser Presented at ABA’s Annual Conference
- Albany Business Review names TBC among the Capital Region’s top CPA firms
- Two New Accountants Join Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- TBC announces its ninth consecutive successful peer review
- Grace Finley, CPA joins TBC
- In the Community: TBC Employees Take Action During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Wickes Speaks to School District Leaders About Fraud Deterrence
- Floser speaks at Albany Law School about Non-Traditional Career Paths
- Three new accountants join TBC as the Firm continues its growth
- New Partners Announced at Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C.
- TBC Announces Staff Promotions
- Wickes Presents to Contractors on Fraud Risks
- Albany CPA Firm Names Young Professional To Shareholder Team
- TBC Sends Employees to Volunteer Event
- Pamela Wickes To Be Honored By Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- TBC Garners Times Union Top Workplace Award for Third Straight Year
- Director of Forensic Accounting Pamela Wickes wins 40 Under Forty Award
- TBC takes part in Go Red for Women Day
- Cardinal provides insights on how to classify construction employees in the Saratoga Business Journal
- TBC announces new website
- TBC Forensic Accounting Director to speak to local contractors about employee fraud
- Drislane named treasurer for the Center for Economic Growth
- Pamela Wickes featured in Capital Magazine
- TBC sends two delegates to international tax and accounting meeting in Atlanta
- Fraud Tips from Pamela Wickes in Times Union magazine
- TBC Forensic Accounting Director presents to CPAs in North Carolina
- TBC donates to Toys for Tots
- TBC Named a Best Place To Work
- Welcoming Johanne Floser to the team
- Business valuation and enhanced earnings expert Johanne Floser joins TBC
- TBC’s Certified Fraud Examiners to speak at Manufacturing Executive event
- New senior pension consultant Kelly Moen joins TBC
- TBC announces staff promotions
- Growth Trend Continues at TBC
- TBC names Drislane new Managing Partner
- The Times Union Names TBC a Top Workplace
- Two Associates Earn CPA Licenses
- Hanlon Recieves Certified Fraud Examiner Credential
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte adds five new accountants to team
- Pamela Wickes to Lead Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte’s Forensic Accounting Services
- TBC garners Best Accounting Firms to Work for Award
- Dembo, Freedman & Shutt, CPAs, P.C. joins Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte admits New Shareholder
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte names Susan Drislane Partner
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte announces 2012 staff promotions
- Mayott earns certified construction industry financial professional designation
- TBC receives highest possible achievement in peer review
- TBC sponsors Habitat for Humanity volunteer day
- Business Review names Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. as a Best Place to Work
- TBC named Best Accounting Firms to Work For
- TBC donates $10,000 to Center for Disability Services in honor of 40th year
- Katherine Farrow joins TBC as firm’s first Marketing Manager
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. named Small Business of the Year
- Partner Stephanie L. Bartkowiak is named to 40 Under Forty List
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C. celebrates 40 years by contributing to 40 charities
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte promotes Stephanie L. Bartkowiak, CPA to Partner
- Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte Senior Pension Consultant earns Qualified 401(k) Administrator Credential
- New Partners named at Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C.
- Susan R. Drislane Joins Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C.
- Category: General
- Revenue Recognition
- Are you in compliance with the new partnership audit rules?
- Your financial statement; seek and you shall find the truth
- Heavy equipment training improves with simulators
- Big tax savings ahead for business
- Time to get “real”
- 5 major construction risk factors identified in recent study
- Subcontractors, what should you do when a bid goes bad?
- Understanding the ins and outs of defeasance
- They’re back: Audit rules targeting partnerships can now be applied
- When an LLC doesn’t protect personal assets
- Hobby or business? The IRS wants to know
- The right research can improve materials purchasing
- Proposed Changes to Employee Benefit Audit Standards
- Are you ready for the new revenue recognition rules?
- Saving for College: Debunking some common Section 529 plan myths
- Get ready to recognize … differently
- Compare and contrast the House and Senate tax bills
- Sweeping tax changes proposed for individuals and business in House-released bill
- Is a prospective commercial tenant creditworthy?
- Reap the tax benefits of a qualified small business retirement plan
- Which tax strategies should you consider this year?
- How to reap tax benefits from a summer vacation
- Exercise caution with joint venture financing
- Not just a trend: Market analysis in property valuation
- Turning a new shade of green with LEED v4
- Could an escalation clause help with your materials costs?
- What kind of insurance does the project need?
- Is your business taking advantage of the R&D tax credit?
- Bonding in 2017: Strong surety market looking for customers
- Proposed revisions to Form 5500
- Consider alternative financial metrics: NOI doesn't tell the whole story
- Business valuations: A learning process
- Updates available: Hot apps for contractors
- Asset Protection: Shielding your individual wealth today
- New Landscape for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- The ABC's of P3s: An introduction to public-private partnerships
- Construction Success Story: Reviewing cost-plus vs. fixed-price contracts
- Environmental due diligence can preempt costly liability
- The benefits of donating appreciated stock
- Gross-up provisions: Good news for both landlords and tenants
- Net operating losses: Losing money might have a silver lining
- Energize your tax planning with the Section 179D deduction
- Don’t lose your charitable tax deduction on use restrictions
- Paying for LTC insurance with your life insurance policy
- When can our small business sign up for SHOP coverage?
- Construction Success Story: Contractor considers ways to raise his company’s profile
- Not so fast! Federal court denies real estate agent's rental loss deduction
- New law clears the way for small businesses to offer standalone HRAs
- Beware of the “kiddie tax” trap
- IRS extends information reporting deadline to individuals
- Reforming health care reform: The ACA’s future
- General contractor focus
- Maintaining Adequate Plan Documentation
- Missing Participants
- A Plan Audit By A Government Agency
- A Plan Audit By A Government Agency
- Make 2017 a happier new year by implementing last-minute 2016 tax-saving tips
- Deadline extended for ACA information reporting to employees (but not to the IRS!)
- Business planning: It’s time to get moving on your 2017 goals
- HSAs grow in popularity, but regulatory hazards still lurk
- New year, new budget … right?
- Don’t get carved up
- Election outcome likely to result in tax law changes
- Cash vs. accrual accounting: Different ways to count your beans
- How to use less-than-perfect comps to estimate value
- 3 common approaches to equipment maintenance
- Reviewing the draft 2016 instructions for Forms 1094 and 1095
- Many 2017 cost-of-living adjustments increase slightly
- IRS proposed regs clarify opt-out payments and plan affordability
- IRS eases rules for retirement plan rollovers
- Renting property to your business could backfire on your tax liability
- How to make accounts receivable pay off
- Construction Success Story: General contractor takes a look at telematics
- IRS makes major change to tangible property regulations
- Do you have a financial disaster plan?
- Construction accounting update: New lease rules may add ink to your balance sheet
- IRS proposed regulations target gift and estate tax planning strategies
- Estate planning: Consider a private annuity
- The “Internet of Things” is changing the real estate industry
- When a bargain isn’t a bargain
- Will your construction company last forever?
- Studying up on the latest EEOC regulations on wellness plans
- Taking advantage of the PATH Act
- Making the most of preconstruction
- How do you account for that? A look at the new accounting rules for leases
- Time to pay: Former shareholders liable in land sale
- Is Section 6055 reporting required for HRA coverage?
- ACA update: Agencies release important guidance and materials
- Rising drug prices call for employer vigilance
- Diplomatic relations: Reconsidering spousal coverage
- How are seasonal workers treated under the “play or pay” provision?
- Can we match our employees’ pretax HSA contributions?
- Simplified Accounting
- Tax identity theft on the rise: What you need to know
- The real estate professional exception
- What makes a property sale a “dealer” sale for tax purposes?
- Work with suppliers to achieve green building goals
- C vs. S corporations
- DOL’s final overtime rule brings sweeping changes
- Are your Social Security strategies up to date?
- New tax law offers PATH to savings
- Common roadblocks to construction project management
- Lease option ... or sale? It matters to the IRS
- Where you hang your hat, your state domicile impacts multistate taxation
- Making a smart purchase of tool tracking software
- Ronald McDonald House Fundraiser Hits Home for TBC
- Planning for business interruptions reduces risk
- Tax Court disallows property dealer’s bad debt deduction
- IRS offers guidance to employers who plan to claim the WOTC
- Tax break: Activated
- IRS issues regulations to clarify Section 199 requirements
- Is defeasance right for me?
- New accounting standard brings big changes to lease reporting on financial statements
- Contribute tax-free dollars to pay medical expenses
- IRS to test new W-2 verification code
- Reliance on attorney didn't excuse estate's late filing
- Tips for well-organized tax records
- How to overcome today's common practice challenges
- Nonprofits need stronger relationships with foundations
- Why is the number of women in manufacturing declining?
- Why you need to formalize your retirement plan policy
- It's a new dawn- Key considerations of going solar
- Could your office benefit from a brainstorming session?
- How tax credits for historic building rehab work
- Placed in service
- IRS extends deadlines for ACA information reporting
- What’s on the FASB’s technical agenda for 2016?
- Your dealership real estate may offer you another tax advantage
- New FAQs address preventive services, wellness programs and mental health parity
- How to improve your win-loss ratio
- Do you focus enough on existing donors?
- Four reasons tax reform for manufacturers is needed
- Interest rate swaps may have hidden risks
- Small business retirement marketplaces growing
- Financial reports you should review monthly
- How strong is your practice’s cash management?
- Swap agreements: Mitigating the risk of rising interest rates
- Hyperlocal movement boosting small businesses
- Forms 1094 and 1095: IRS issues final forms and instructions
- Do integration rules limit our use of HRA contributions as rewards?
- Chinese homebuyers lead foreign sales
- Grow your own workers: Hire apprentices
- Get a jump on succession planning
- Work-in-progress schedule key to accurate estimates
- Health Care: 2015 Large Employer Reporting Requirements
- Do you have a Form W-9 for each vendor?
- Criminal plea deal doesn't negate civil action
- Starting a business? Some things to consider
- Critiquing your management team
- Retiree-only HRAs: An ACA-friendly benefits strategy
- Teamwork key in well-run practice
- How seniors can avoid healthcare fraud
- Study examines like-kind exchanges
- How do other nonprofits communicate with donors?
- Four ways to help overwhelmed employees
- More cities added to manufacturing initiative
- Review engagement: Why do auditors use analytics and inquiries?
- Are you fueling your leadership pipeline?
- Exchange traded funds grow in popularity
- New food safety rules coming soon
- Fair value disclosure issues common to financial statements
- IRS must provide Form 990 in readable format
- Plan before year-end for tax savings
- Physician burnout growing problem
- Charitable giving hit record numbers in 2014
- Tax effects of turning vacation home into rental
- Qualified dividends taxed at lower capital gains rates
- Business expense deduction goes up in smoke
- Machine-readable Forms 990 soon available
- Executives say regulations are risky business
- Manufacturing: Its broad impact on the economy
- Semi-retirement on rise – for many reasons
- Next up in the workplace: Generation Z
- Beyond the eye of the beholder
- Triple net lease investments
- Is your business tuned in to changes in U.S. population?
- High-deductible health plans may be on the rise again
- Difficulty finding capital still hampers growth
- Five tax items to include in summer wedding checklist
- Estates must now request a closing letter
- File a return even if you don't like it
- What goes on line 21 of your 1040 return?
- The IRS is watching real estate donated to charity
- 5 F&I best practices
- Are you making the most of your patient portal?
- Approach crowdfunding investments with caution
- Nonprofits: Plan rationally using key budgets
- Integrated reporting: Going beyond the numbers
- Employee benefit plans have updated standards
- Get ready for the two-tiered payment system
- One in four parents don't plan to leave inheritance
- IRS webinars help small businesses learn tax requirements
- How minimal are fringe benefits that aren't taxable?
- Affordable Care Act transition relief for 2015
- Penalty relief for late retirement plan returns expires June 2
- Keeping good records pays off in auto expense deduction
- Is your organization prepared for cyberattacks?
- Payments for unused leave count as income - usually
- Avoid penalties: Follow estimated tax payment rules
- 'Reasonable' business expense varies by case
- Your store could benefit from an operational review
- How can I benefit from carbon credits?
- IRS Notice 2015-17: Limited Relief for Payment Plan Violations
- Rules complex for public charity determination
- Little known 179D deduction creates big tax savings
- Boost revenue through better sales forecasting
- Smaller living and work spaces in demand
- Little known 179D deduction creates big tax savings
- Is it time to consider automatic enrollment?
- Fiduciary liability insurance
- Developing an investment policy
- When does your plan document need to be restated?
- Multi-employer Pension Reform Act of 2014
- 401k contribution limit increases
- Investor vs. dealer
- Home improvement scams: Look for these red flags
- Do you really get better bargains at outlet malls?
- Weighing the benefits of LIFO
- Study: Most patients would like 'telehealth' option
- Trusted bookkeeper steals $1.8 million from dermatologist
- Many wealthy donors engage in ‘checkbook philanthropy’
- Is your nonprofit making use of legacy funds?
- Managers: Emphasize employee strengths to engage them
- Four ways to increase referrals to your business
- How to create a capital improvement plan
- Using IT to drive innovations and revenues
- More Millennials ready to buy homes, but fewer starters on market
- Balance sheet offsetting and derivatives disclosures
- Expected changes in not-for-profit reporting requirements
- Most new health insureds enroll at work
- Supreme Court upholds premium tax credits for coverage purchased on federal exchanges
- Applying repair regulations simplified for small businesses
- Using standard mileage rate has limitations
- Citizen of a U.S. state can't avoid federal income tax
- State and local sales taxes deductible when itemizing
- Tax Court expects splitting couples to sign agreements
- Money for helping infertile couples is taxable
- Child tax credit is worth up to $1,000
- Moving? Advantage - tax deductions
- Tax Court disallows property owner’s bad debt deduction
- Looks count: IRS wants “image money” included in a dealership’s gross income
- Is investing in art or antiques for you?
- How susceptible is your practice to fraud?
- Nation's largest charities average 88 percent for programs
- R&D credit and other extenders that help manufacturers
- Rents up, vacancies down in strong apartment market
- Which college majors translate into the highest-paying jobs?
- Dealing with common statement of cash flows issues
- Property tax assessments: Court of appeals weighs in
- Vetting period for Open Payments to begin
- Fiscal responsibility primary goal of board
- Next big innovation: Self-driving cars
- Is a micro-captive insurance company for your business?
- Should you revamp your sales compensation model?
- Buy/sell agreements: Don't be without one
- Recent peer review findings for not-for-profits
- The earnout provision: If negotiations stall, consider this...
- Ask the Advisor: Can I claim the home office deduction?
- Wellness programs under fire despite ACA encouragement
- Tax Court criticized in estate's art collection case
- Green Lease is ready to roll: Leader certification program launched
- Does your board need an outside member?
- Would a plan without an annual open enrollment run afoul of play or pay?
- Try these four 21st century marketing tactics
- Log carefully to take advantage of 2015 mileage rates
- Are you getting ready for tax season?
- Form W-4: Follow rules to avoid penalties
- Expensive lesson: Children in home aren't always dependents
- Cross t's and dot i's for nontaxable disability benefits
- Forms 1099: File tax return timely - but not too early
- Rules affecting personal income tax extended
- Time use of college tuition credit carefully
- Major changes to compilation and review standards
- Challenges continue to face SOX compliance
- Historic restoration tax credit fraud brings 20-year term
- Building cost or expense? It makes a difference at tax time
- Does your nonprofit need a business plan?
- Two high-profile thefts at nonprofits should be lesson
- Avoiding probate: How a revocable trust helps
- Statistically, women count on Social Security more
- What are the manufacturing trends of 2015?
- How the accounting skill gap impacts manufacturers
- Keep portable devices secure – or face penalties
- Six factors that affect insurers’ network decisions
- Maintaining certification: The debate continues
- Is your office being reviewed for its wait time?
- Board meetings and filing deadlines
- Fraud in a multiemployer benefit plan
- Transitional reinsurance program assessment fee
- Minimum Value: Plans lacking hospitalization, physician services soon to be excluded
- Are your salaries high enough to keep your top talent?
- Educate your employees on your company culture
- U.S. manufacturers plan to bring more production home
- Buyer beware: Acquiring the stock of C corporations can be hazardous
- Grant reform a day-after-Christmas gift
- Solid financial structure crucial to sound management
- 2015 expected to be strong year for home building
- Younger buyers not house-shopping as much
- New accounting rule for revenue recognition
- Pumping up profitability
- Which retirement plan is right for your dealership?
- Gifts to employees: Some are nontaxable
- Real estate professional? Taxpayer failed the burden of proof
- Too much personal time spent at rental costly
- Cash-basis taxpayers must pay mortgage interest to deduct it
- Take advantage of the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit
- Deducting investment interest has strings
- Unemployment compensation is taxable
- Strategies to keep inventory at most efficient levels
- Which state's retirees maintain living standards most?
- What people hope to avoid through estate planning
- How to deal with accounting error corrections
- Auditing construction contracts: Some best practices
- Ready, small businesses? Online SHOP enrollment has begun
- ACA 2015: “Play or pay” on the way … and more
- How a cost segregation study saves taxes
- Internet fraud adds to contractors' theft woes
- Selling your dealership: Earnout provisions may give buyers assurance
- How to hire the best candidate for your practice
- Has telemedicine come of age?
- Donating excess inventory can have tax benefits
- Seeking safe harbor
- What today's audit committees need to know about taxes
- Nonprofits must allocate joint costs
- Ten ways to deal with excess inventory
- Taxpayers must meet criteria for student loan interest deductions
- Income from investing tax-exempt income is still taxable
- Tax Court: Taxpayer unsuccessful 'wheeler-dealer'
- Travel expenses: Maximize your tax deductions
- What pro team has the highest value?
- Urban ministries cable company wins valuation case
- Customer power: How to deal with online complaints
- Are you capturing the knowledge of retiring workers?
- Ask clients if you're meeting your mission
- Know the rules with independent contractors
- Medical practices answer salary questions
- IRS provides relief for mezzanine financing workouts
- Own multiple properties? What deductions are allowed?
- Getting to know trusts
- More medical expenses needed to meet deduction threshold
- Taxpayers learn hard lesson about filing deadlines
- Donate property - Claim a tax deduction?
- Budget preparation a time for problem solving
- Gift size of online donations increasing
- Ever wish you could take that email back?
- Be sure to carefully document auto expenses
- Intellectual property theft problem for manufacturers
- Industry revenue recognition simplified
- How The SBA 504 Program is Helping Businesses Sell
- How are HIPAA’s pre-existing condition rules affected by the Affordable Care Act?
- Lifting the veil on the ACA’s employer reporting forms
- The small employer tax credit regulations now final
- Take your pick - There’s more than one way to execute a Sec. 1031 exchange
- HSAs vs. HRAs: Differences may affect employee health
- How to lower tax on business stock sales
- Professor fined by Tax Court for frivolous arguments
- Three lemons for 'professional' slot machine player
- Points for creativity ... but pay your taxes
- IRS warns again to beware of phone scammers
- More renounce U.S. citizenship as tax laws toughen
- How to avoid underpayment penalties
- It's official: Taxpayers have rights
- Auto expenses: No substantiation, no deduction
- IRS not reimbursing victims of tax return fraud
- Frustrated by late payments? Try these tips
- Change Orders: Generate, authenticate, substantiate
- Study: Cell phones problematic as plant communication
- Skills shortage impacts most manufacturers
- UBIT: How it applies to debt-financed property
- Applying for tax-exempt status easier with new form
- Undervaluation penalty lifted against Whitehouse
- Supreme Court: Creditors can reach inherited IRAs
- Investing in bonds: How it differs from stocks
- Social Security: Baby Boomers can rest easier
- Financial statement and compliance audits: What’s the difference?
- Three accounting alternatives for private companies
- Physicians find certification program burdensome
- Medical liability premiums: Where are they headed?
- Medical liability premiums: Where are they headed?
- Should you add — or swap — a brand?
- SOX protection expanded to public company contractors
- Rarely used surprise audits leader in fraud detection
- Hire interns, save on wages
- Six steps to mitigating ICD-10 claim denials
- Polls reflect satisfaction of cash-based physicians
- How should I assume the seller’s loan?
- Three important issues related to ACA provisions
- How to run a meeting on a controversial subject
- How fighting ageism can help your business
- U.S. manufacturing gaining on China
- How to cut labor costs - and improve morale
- Three types of fraud that plague construction companies
- Selling a home: Which improvements are worthwhile?
- Determining loss when a business interruption occurs
- Technical termination doesn't end amortization
- Tax debate: No small potatoes?
- Something missing? Shortened numbers safeguard identity
- Small businesses may be eligible for insurance credit
- Pot business to IRS: Take my taxes, please!
- Courts settle option-to-buy tax question
- Can S corporations avoid higher Medicare taxes?
- Beneficiary spouses face important IRA decisions
- A loan should look like a loan
- 2015 health savings account limits announced
- Royalties and sponsorship payments: Are they tax exempt?
- Publication advertising: What is taxable?
- Renting vs. buying: What do older Americans do?
- Millionaires holding more cash than before recession
- Yoga tax reverses spin on fat tax
- Only crocodile tears for the poor accountant?
- IRS streamlines offshore account procedures
- IRS publication outlines taxpayer rights
- IRS addresses state income tax credits
- How to lessen the impact of disasters
- Handle payroll taxes properly - or face penalties
- Failure to report foreign accounts pricey
- Combining business and pleasure: Tax deduction OK?
- Tax Court: Father didn't pass his goodwill to sons
- Tax avoidance vs. tax evasion: Know the difference
- Do you 'prescribe' medical apps to patients?
- Six steps to preparing your business for sale
- How much is your key employee worth?
- Four ways to reduce waste in manufacturing
- Do you see your vendors as strategic partners?
- Study: HR at nonprofits has 'not fully matured'
- Does your organization have unrelated business income?
- Single-family construction: Larger homes the trend
- Board members should be involved in audit process
- Accounting alternatives should reduce cost of compliance
- Most new health insureds enroll at work
- Older workers make up larger part of work force
- Five economic indicators to keep an eye on
- Don't leave your loved ones without a will
- New Safe Harbor for Allocation of Rehab Credits
- Work your warranty program year round
- Can we direct employees to an exchange and then reimburse them for their premiums?
- Rents on rise as apartment sector thrives
- Understanding deficiencies not always easy
- Materiality: It's what matters
- What benefits and perks do your employees most value?
- Why you should consider the tax ramifications of SMLLCs
- New rules help reduce administrative burden
- Census: Healthcare field nation's largest employer
- Three important issues related to the Affordable Care Act
- One-third of business sales end because of price gap
- Ten pitfalls valuations experts should avoid
- Raises aren't allowed - but bonuses are just fine
- Penalty relief for retirement plan administrators
- IRS: Make sure loans are business-like
- He's a real family man - but court denied deduction
- Court saw rollover limit from taxpayer's viewpoint
- Attorney-client privilege waived under common law
- Applying for tax-exempt status may soon be simpler
- A yearly question: Business or hobby?
- A long commute - but worth it?
- Late filing: Interest and penalties may apply
- Cost cutting should be deliberate, not scattered
- The impact of taxes on your retirement savings
- Is getting a college education worth it today?
- Hiring on upswing at nonprofit organizations
- Are microvolunteer assignments more productive?
- Seven steps to improving your succession planning
- Add another computer monitor to increase efficiency
- Don't miss deductions for higher education
- MyRA: How the new IRA works
- New Roth in-plan rollover guidance
- Tax Court agrees with residential developer
- Court: What counts is material participation
- Was doctor's deduction business or education?
- Warning: Even a 'dumb' criminal could steal your tax refund
- Virtual currency can mean real taxes
- Unionized college athletes: Taxes? What taxes?
- Maybe Iowa built a time machine
- Keep tips aboveboard - not under the table
- IRS releases 2014 vehicle depreciation deductions
- IRS looks at rollovers differently now
- IRS leaves partnership decision up to owners
- How same-sex marriage ruling applies to retirement plans
- Gift or regift: It's part of income
- Foreign accounts must report electronically by June 30
- Final answer? Severance payments can be taxed
- Filing separately may not be a wise tax choice
- File correct tax form if expecting fair treatment for good behavior
- Can a trust be a 'real estate professional'?
- Are Social Security benefits safe from income tax?
- Audit coming? How to prepare
- When are Americans happiest – and most stressed?
- Three key mistakes management often makes
- Ten tips to improve your bottom line
- A satisfied customer is good: A loyal one is better
- Mobile integration with EMR slow at many practices
- EHRs: Time running out to show meaningful use
- Compliance date soon for associate agreements
- Does the voice on the phone represent your practice?
- Keep your eyes wide open
- Good news about goodwill
- Online giving leads donation growth
- IRS flooded with responses on political activities
- How to get tax-exempt status reinstated
- Form 990: What the watchdogs are watching
- Fingers still do walking - but on keyboard
- Do you have underperformers at your firm?
- Training programs coming to fill skills gap
- IRS: Manufacturer can deduct cost of retail displays
- Industrial real estate market shows big increases
- Are you missing out on international sales?
- Effective projections based on more than budget
- Warning: Profits are not the same as cash flows
- How should I report rental income?
- Hotel construction, occupancy on upswing
- Ten tips for improving your profitability
- Better measures required in reporting system
- Ten tax tips when selling your home
- 'Momma Mia!' ABBA admits to unusual tax planning
- Disregarded entity canceled real property debt can be excluded
- Completed amenities were part of the contract
- No capitalization required - in this case
- The IRS wants to know your name
- How much planning does your estate need?
- What you need to know about the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013
- Your breakeven calculation can be a planning breakthrough
- Definition of rental income not always clear
- Gold: The pros & cons of investing
- Young investors more socially conscious
- Work-related education costs may be deductible
- Tax Court not convinced acreage was an investment
- He claims he's a writer - but he doesn't write!
- New IRA-type savings plan available
- Qualified estates get automatic extension for portability election
- Tax restitution isn't always simple
- IRS publications do not bind courts - or the IRS
- Need IRS help from an actual human being? Good luck!
- Safe harbors opened and expanded
- Ethics policies
- Sizing up your payroll for health care reform
- When are signing bonuses amortized?
- Is your law firm buried in paper?
- How to maximize your Social Security income
- Are you overlooking government business?
- Reducing turnover essential to increased profits
- New technologies growing: Robotics, 3-D, big data
- Ways to earn revenue and keep tax-exempt status
- Nonprofits require special financial services
- Ethics program requirements in limbo
- Tap employees for practice improvement ideas
- You probably don't view risk the way auditors do
- Accounting for the formation of joint ventures
- Tips for turning a profit on your properties
- S corporation payments: Salary or distributions?
- Diapers - to tax or not to tax?
- Student denied business expense deduction for cost of M.B.A.
- 'Trust but verify' may apply here
- Lost tax-exempt status? How to get it reinstated
- Roth IRA conversion deserves second look
- What was fair market value of mother's gift?
- Six percent of home sales to foreign buyers
- How to find seed money for R&D projects
- Protect your property from judgments and liens
- How to avoid mission creep
- Do you know how to read financial statements?
- Is your bank about more than the numbers?
- Have you taken an objective look at your office lately?
- Ten ways to increase the return on your rental property
- Do you have a plan for your practice?
- Private physicians weighing options
- IRS seeks comments on tax-exempt status
- New repair regs effective Jan. 1
- New regs tackle property transfers from C corps to REITs and RICs
- To catch a thief: How dealer-owners can curtail employee theft
- Expense accounts: Ten ways to prevent fraud
- Independent contractors: Classify them correctly or pay the price
- Norway gives boost to holiday shoppers
- Court: Transaction isn't a like-kind exchange
- Be prepared: Tax season approaches
- IRS offers new Roth rollover guidance
- What is a disregarded entity . . . and how is it taxed?
- Ask questions of your auditor to gain more insight
- Unintended Risks from Nonrecourse Loans
- Energy tax credits due to expire at year-end
- Eight steps to preventing fraud at your practice
- IRS changes approach to domestic activities deduction
- Court rules on payment of attorneys' fees
- Have you updated your beneficiaries?
- Charity Navigator's new focus on results
- A disturbing 70 percent of employees are NOT engaged in their jobs
- Why your practice needs a policy manual
- What is your net worth ... and why do you need to know?
- How to handle 2 percent shareholders' health insurance
- Charitable growth led by corporations
- Building improvement and repair regs finalized
- Location, location - important even in death
- No matter how distant - commuting expenses aren’t deductible
- Tax Court rules on farmland tax basis
- Drought-stricken farmers get one-year tax reprieve
- Sales tax deduction may end with 2013
- Confused by terminology? A primer of audit speak
- Protect your business with a buy-sell agreement
- Know the issues involved with business use of vehicles
- Study: Physicians’ practices facing financial challenges
- Home prices spike upward in last 12 months
- Are valuations experts private investigators?
- Does your company have a mobile strategy?
- Energy credits depend on property and year
- Court: Trading not substantial enough
- IRS auditors zero in on small businesses
- Don't neglect 2013 IRA contributions
- Study: What young donors respond to today
- Analyze financial statements to improve business
- Trust in online advertising growing, but lowest of all media
- Where is the world's priciest retail space?
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fees
- For Your Benefit
- Payroll Audits and What You Need to Know
- What could go wrong? Part II
- Should you cut the F&I department?
- Collaborative expense reviews pay off
- Unintended Risks from Nonrecourse Loans
- Valuation comparables in a slow market
- Transferring ownership interests is a snap with a GRAT
- The liquidation method: How to apply it
- Hanks dodging New York tax hit?
- IRA rollover deadline: Ignorance is no excuse
- Travel costs: Tax Court harmonizes with music professor
- IRS cries 'foul' on short amortization of bonuses
- Handle capital gains carefully
- How financial institutions use audit information
- Talk about beating a dead horse
- Supreme Court to hear severance payment tax case
- Tax Court sides with mother in gifting case
- Tangible property: Final repair regulations released
- Businesses may be eligible for tax refund on fuels
- Auditor insights helpful in economic recovery
- Bargain sale: Selling to charity for undervalued price
- Busy doctors need well-run meetings
- Court: Payroll service company can't combine wages
- Majority of Americans own smartphones
- Retiring? Is it a good idea to move?
- Tax Court rules against alimony claim
- Tiny houses: A growing trend?
- Will America bring jobs home soon?
- S corp gets second chance to get depreciation right
- Celebrities' photos cause estate plan challenges
- Are you underpaying your estimated taxes?
- Volunteers who travel: What they can deduct
- Tax melts away 'sweet' summer memories
- Sunshine law sheds light on gifts
- Review engagements bring challenges
- Replaced - but still responsible for reporting income
- 'Payback' to foreign parent company isn’t an interest deduction
- Litigation support: Four ways a CPA can help attorneys
- Employers more lenient on online shopping
- Don't overlook trusts in estate planning
- Clarified tax guidance for same-sex married couples
- 10 tax tips when planning to sell your home
- Declining customer service: How consumers strike back
- Two dreaded words for builders: Profit Fade
- Taking first steps for 2013 year-end tax planning
- Momentum builds for new manufacturing initiatives
- New limits on flexible spending accounts for 2013