The Temporary Clerical Assistant, Tax Services will temporarily join the team in the Tax Department for the upcoming tax season. The role is expected to commence at the beginning of February 2021 and run through the April tax deadline. This is a full-time opportunity with the potential for overtime hours. Duties of this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Serve as a primary resource for front-end scanning of tax returns.
- Organization of tax documents into a scannable format
- Ensure accurate scanning and assembly of tax returns, work papers, statements and client billing as needed.
- Scan documents into scan software via one of two different ways depending on which program is used
- Use Adobe Acrobat to review scanned items for accuracy.
- Identify which path the scanned documents must take
- Tax return collation if all scanning is completed.
- File electronic items in the appropriate folders
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is a must.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of clerical or administrative experience.
- Ability to handle driven deadlines and work in a high paced demanding environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Articulate communicator and analytical, detailed oriented thinker.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience with Adobe Acrobat required
- Previous experience working with multiple program instances and windows simultaneously.
- Strong ability to read and interpret written word and understand verbal instructions as related to any duties assigned.
- Primarily sedentary work with mobility required and some lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling (approximately 10-15 lbs.)
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identification, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, status as a domestic violence victim, criminal conviction, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, active duty or wartime campaign badge veteran, or other characteristic as protected by law. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf