Supervisors oversee engagements and direct staff efforts within the firm to assist our clients, management, owners and/or others charged with governance of privately held businesses, not for profit organizations, governmental entities, employee benefit plans and individuals. The Supervisor provides accounting, auditing, tax and/or other consulting services to clients within established firm and accounting guidelines. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
(Essential duties are defined as critical to carrying out the function of the job, and, if eliminated, would alter the nature of the job. List, in order of importance, the essential function of the job and the approximate percentage of time spent on each of the activities; describe what must be accomplished; include supervision or management responsibilities, quality and quantity standards, physical and mental perceptual functions of the job.)
Supervisor will perform all duties described in the staff and senior accountant job description. In general, approximately 75% – 80% of your time will be associated with these assigned tasks to include but are not limited to:
- Perform and/or oversee and review planning and fieldwork procedures in accounting and auditing engagements (including client inquiry, analytics and testing).
- Perform and/or oversee and review the preparation of financial statements.
- Perform and/or oversee and review the preparation federal and state income tax returns for corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, trusts, estates and non-profits.
- Perform and/or oversee and review any other governmental filing as necessary.
- Identify areas of concern or new areas that would require research of accounting and/or tax standards and applicable legislation. Perform the necessary research.
- Continue to enhance communication skills with internal teams and management.
- May serve as primary contact with a client.
- Perform engagement evaluations of staff, senior accountants and interns on assigned engagements.
The remaining 20% – 25% of your time will likely be devoted to the following:
- Participate in firm directed CPE and on the job training.
- Networking and business development
- In-house projects (committees, working groups, etc.)
- Mentoring, training, development of newer staff
In performing the above assigned tasks, in addition the skills mastered at the senior level the supervisor will be working to develop skills and abilities as follows:
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Develop expertise in more complex area of accounting, auditing, and tax, and the ability to analyze complex matters.
- Manage overall budgeted time.
- Uses professional judgement to assess, create and enhance workpapers (neat, accurate, comprehensive, complete and understandable)
- Mastery of in-house software packages and ability to train new staff members.
- Develop supervision and management skills.
- Develop specialized industry expertise.
- Communicates effectively with engagement team members and client staff both verbally and in writing
- Keeps engagement team informed of job status
- Develop skills in training, development and supervising of newer staff
- Develop good management skills (planning, organizing, motivating, and teaching).
- Begin to acquire and develop clients.
- Recognize opportunities for additional client services.
Problem Solving and Judgement
- Manage time and establish workload priorities for yourself and others you are working with.
- Exhibit creativity in finding solutions to client problems within the total business environment.
Meets or exceeds annual charge hour goals of 1,550 hours.
Candidates must have a B.S. in Accounting or a closely related degree. MST, MSA or other industry related graduate degree is preferred. Must have a current, active CPA license. A minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience. Candidates must also have strong computer, communication and interpersonal skills, be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and have a desire to learn. Must be able to excel in deadline-driven environment. Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information is critical to this role. In addition, client contact is required, and this individual should be able to communicate effectively with client employees and members of a client’s management.
The Supervisor works a standard day shift in an office environment. Role may require travel or alternate work schedule based on client needs.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
To apply please complete our online application by uploading your cover letter and resume on our Careers page.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identification or expression, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, status as a domestic violence victim, criminal conviction, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, active duty or wartime campaign badge veteran, or other characteristic as protected by law. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf