The Pension Consultant will join the growing team in the Retirement Plan Administration department. Duties of this role will include, but not be limited to: serve as a primary contact for Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte’s (TBC) pension plan clients and perform third-party administration duties for defined contribution and defined benefit plans. Duties will also include compliance testing, plan document preparation and maintenance, completion of IRS and DOL filings, conversions, trust reconciliation, loan and distributions processing, conversion of plans to different platforms, interact with investment companies and brokers for client investment issues. The Pension consultant will act as the primary client relationship manager for assigned client base. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in retirement plan administration of Defined Contribution plans
- Possess QKA or QPA (or willingness to obtain) designation from ASPPA.
- Development of defined benefit and cash balance knowledge as needed.
- Ability to act as primary contact for pension clients.
- Demonstrated professional experience performing discrimination testing, IRS and DOL reporting, and participant reporting.
- Sound understanding of retirement plan design.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PDF software.
- Development of proficiency with Datair Pension System, Datair Pension Reporter, Datair Document System. Previous knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to maintain proficiency in all the above named areas through continuing education.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is a must.
Job Reports To: Director of Retirement Plan Services
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identification, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, status as a domestic violence victim, criminal conviction, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, active duty or wartime campaign badge veteran, or other characteristic as protected by law. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf