Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. (TBC) is a full-service accounting and advisory firm in Albany, NY. The Firm provides services for commercial businesses, not-for-profit organizations, government entities, employee benefit plans, and individuals.
We are looking to hire a marketing intern who will bring enthusiasm and a strong work ethic that will enable TBC to expand its marketing efforts. The marketing intern will be required to work 15-20 hours per week during the Firm’s normal workweek (Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm).
- Assist with analysis of marketing materials, specifically email marketing by producing newsletter campaign reports
- Oversee the editorial process for client newsletter articles and see through to the distribution process
- Prepare the event calendar for monthly email distribution
- Assist with social media engagement.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A basic or high-level understanding of email marketing and web software to assist in the creation and distribution of client and media related content. More specifically, prior experience with MailChimp and WordPress will be helpful, but not necessary if the candidate is a fast learner and/or has experience with a similar product.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Programs, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of basic graphic design programs, especially Adobe programs InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge in preparing and formatting email newsletter reports using data gathering techniques and established tracking standards.
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Physical requirements: Be able to lift 30 lbs., standing for prolonged periods of time, able to engage with the general public
Experience and Education:
A college student who is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Public Relations). The successful candidate must have prior work experience in a professional business environment.
Candidate will need strong organizational skills necessary to balance workloads, interpersonal skills, oral/written communication skills and the ability to demonstrate personal integrity and honesty. The successful candidate should be willing to learn, be an excellent listener and a creative thinker who is not afraid to speak up and contribute a new idea.
Exhibit appropriate appearance and attitude.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Teal, Becker & Chiaramonte CPAs, P.C. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identification, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, status as a domestic violence victim, criminal conviction, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, active duty or wartime campaign badge veteran, or other characteristic as protected by law. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf